Monday, August 20, 2012

10 things I plan on doing this holiday season

As far as I 'm concerned its the holiday season! Summer is officially over in my book, and its time for all the fun to start!! I just cant wait for the leaves to turn, for the cooler weather, and all the beautiful golds and browns to make way. Fall is by far my favorite season. The smell and the feelings I get right around Halloween is the best. There is nothing like it. AND It makes way for the most wonderful time of the year... CHRISTMAS!! As much as I love christmas, I love all the preparations and things that go into this time of year. I love all the shopping, decorating, baking and even wrapping. I don't think anything makes me happier.
So... I thought I would make a list of Ten Things I Plan On Doing This Holiday Season. There is so much more we all can do this time of year (especially me) and I want to make a list of things I really want to accomplish both big and small this year. So here we go!!


  • BAKE.  I want to Bake a lot. I always make treats here and there, but this year I want to bake goodies for others and myself. I want to try baking new things and make extremely pretty desserts that nobody wants to eat because they are so perfect. And then I want to eat my masterpiece.  
  • VISIT someone in a nursing home. I really plan on doing this one hopefully a few times this year. Ross has a family member that lives in one (just in Bakersfield)  and I know she would appreciate it so much. Especially if I bring some of my fabulous baked goodies.
  • Make more SHOEBOXES. I really want to make a lot this year. I was able to make some last year and it honestly filled my heart with so much joy. I plan on tripling my number this year. If your not sure what Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes are,  here is the link that explains who they are and what they do: http://www.samaritanspurse.org 
  • Get another christmas TREE. A small little one for the end of my hallway. Christmas trees have a way of lighting up my life and I really want to decorate two this year! It will be fun! 
  • MAKE a delicious dinner. Last Christmas I was able to host christmas in my house and I LOVED it. I made prime rib and it was delicious. Even if its not at my house this year, I plan on making a really good holiday dinner sometime around christmas! Here is a pic of last christmas at my place. Had to put two tables together and move some furniture but this was the setting and we all fit!!    
  • SPEND less. I will try anyway! My christmas shopping has already started and Im off to a good start! Thanks to Outlets!!!! People always tell me "When you have kids you wont like christmas as much cause you'll see how expensive it is..." HA! They are mistaken. I think I know how expensive christmas is, thats why I try and save all year. My list of people I buy for is usually double the size of my friends but thats ok with me. I shop early. Hit the sales and make my way through the crowds and I LOVE it. Im usually pretty good with staying on budget so well see If I can this year.
  • GO see some amazing christmas lights! We usually drive around, but this year I want to go far away and see some pretty extravagant lights. Know of any GREAT places??
  • Adopt/Help a FAMILY this christmas. I usually buy a gift or two for a child in need in Kern County, but how cool would it be to Help a whole family this christmas?? They wouldn't have to know who helped them and It could be in a multiple of ways: money, gifts, food etc... I don't even have to know them personally. I saw on Pinterest someone saved all their change throughout the year and gave it to a needy family at Christmas time. Love the idea.  
  • DECORATE more!! I want santa on the roof with his reindeer and the whole shebang!!! 
  • SING. I want to go christmas caroling or perform a favorite christmas song somewhere! Why not? Christmas and Singing are my two passions!!! Sounds like a no-brainer to me!! 

AAAAHHHH:) 127 days people!! Cant Wait!! What are some things you plan on doing this Holiday Season???
     









1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that you will do every single one of these!:)

    ReplyDelete