Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Favorite Cheap-Dates


I've been on some pretty amazing dates in my short love life. Some of them I will never forget. Being in different countries seem to enhance the excitement and fun of a lot of them. However... I have to say, some of my absolute favorite dates I have been on are the fairly inexpensive ones... the simple and cheap ones. I'm lucky to have married a guy who likes to do things all the time like me. And he's lucky it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Mmmmhmmm... The thing is, we both have to be doing something quite often or we get bored. Every now and then it's nice to just stay home and relax, but not all the time.

So,  I've put together a list of 5 of MY favorite "Cheap" dates. There not luxurious or fancy, but they are fun! And better yet, Cheap!!  Some of these can turn expensive fast especially if your married to a man named Ross BUT, if your careful they can be pretty savvy. So here we go!!


  •  Go to a game. Any game. Soccer, baseball or basketball if you must. Get a hotdog and some cotton candy and it's the best! If you have never been to a soccer game we can find you some cheap tickets. Ross got some for $11 bucks the other night. I promise you will both have fun!! As long as you don't act like her at the game. 

                                            How To Lose A Date In 10 Minutes



  • Go out for some dessert. This is one of my favorite things to do and probably the one we do the most. You can still get dressed up and go out! Don't bring Rite Aid ice cream home and watch TV (even though I do this all the time) But go out and share something off the menu or go get frozen yogurt and take a stroll. If money is tight or you just don't want to spend it on a fancy dinner just go for dessert. Its the best part of a date anyway and its probably only going to be about $10. Go do it. Look how divenely romantic it can be....

                                                      

  • Take your dogs to the beach! This is MY favorite cheap date list remember?? But seriously, its so fun. If you don't have dogs but have kids, never mind.. Just ignore this one all together. Its not really a date with kids... We take our pups to Cayucos. Its the quietest dog beach and they Love it! Its about 3 hrs from Tehachapi so it would cost some gas $$$ but its worth it. Bring a picnic basket with sandwiches and you won't have to spend any money while your there. Its perfect.

  • Go for a drive. A long drive. We do this one often too just to get out of the house and talk. You can bring some snacks and your favorite playlist and just drive!! We usually go look at houses or something and just drive til were tired. I love it. 

  • Star gazing. We did this last week and its one of my favorites!! Ross surprised me by taking me to do this in the back of his truck. It was stuffed with blankets, pillows, he brought some chocolate, wine, and a movie. It was perfect. He also got this cool app that you can point to the stars and it shows you where all the constellations are!! So we had lots to do and look for. This one is a must! 
                                             



So there you have it! Short and Sweet! 5 fun-cheap dates!! 
Now you have no excuses!!!!! Enjoy the simple things!




No comments:

Post a Comment