Tuesday, April 6, 2010

learning to trust... again.

Well April is here and i am totally loving the weather..today anyway. My plans for my backyard are starting to look up!! Ross and I have been super busy lately it seems like, so i am trying to make the time to start. Buying things for my backyard is not as tough for me though, as starting to work on it:) This past week we went and had our taxes done. it was a blessing to say the least! we had done them ourselves on turbo tax in january, but we were not as thrilled as we thought we were going to be... it turned out that we owed the government this year around a thousand bucks!!! that has never happened before! we were dissapointed to say the least considering we were planning on a few thousand back:( we decided to go get them done by a professional in april( since we might as well take our time paying them back:)) to our suprise we didnt owe a cent! somehow my smart hubby messed up somewhere:) i was thrilled!! and to think we waited to the very last minute! hahah. not only did we not owe, we got a good chunk back as well. I am still learning to just trust God. I know he will take care of us. He always has. I feel like God is just pouring blessing after blessing on us, and its overwhelming. I dont know why so many of us stress or worry about certain things ( well i do, but we shouldn't)... Its so good to know that Hes in control not us!!! Ive been trying to remind myself this every morning. Im the kind of person who likes things in order, how i planned. I tend to caculate things and plan for months ahead, and when something changes i feel like i have to start over... Its not the best habbit, but it does help in the financial world. and it helps me save. anyway, ive been trying to trust God in all my little daily activities too... and its been good!! I feel relieved that I dont have to be in control of everything... well that im not in control of anything actually:) see, oops i already forgot. haha. But I just thought i would share this little reminder because i know what it feels like to have too many things to do, but your the only one who can do it. Ive been trying to become a better stuart with my time as well. i know i dont have kids, but my time really does seem to vanish fast.. between working full time, being a wife, cooking and cleaning, and trying to fit in all my little activities i need for me ( gym, tanning, waxing, etc..) I get exhausted. I know I probably make myself extra tired by having to have everything clean and done "my way", but I do take pride in the fact that I usually can do it all if i use my time wisely:) So... i just have to keep remembering how good Our God is. And how he works everything out for the good of those who love him:) amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely something I need to work on. If you can remember from high school I tend to stress out and worry quite a bit, so thanks for the reminder that it is so unnecessary! I love you Davia!

    ReplyDelete