Saturday, May 22, 2010

2 weeks Vacation....


So lately i have been in a mood to go somewhere... somewhere to go and relax, preferably near water. Somewhere like jamacia. We went there for our honeymoon, and there has been no place so far that comes close to it... I am trying to create a beautiful, relaxing space in my yard where we will always want to be, but that all takes time. Ross and I will be going on a missions trip in Late july to poland, where i will use up my two weeks vacation time:( I know it will be well worth it in the end, but sometimes I cant help but feel like I could be going to Tahiti or Hawaii instead. Its funny how satan tries to convince me I need a Vacation like that... I actually was convinced he was right, and i had decided God didnt want me to go... until.. I realized that it was a lie. I think i kind of knew it all along, but i tried making excuses for being selfish. Another thing came up too. One of my greatest friends Alex Larsen is getting married during the time i would be gone, so i just knew i couldnt miss it. God just didnt want me to go. Anyway, i talked to her about it and of course, she said she would be honored to have me miss her wedding to be sharing the gospel!!! Bam! just like that, i relized. Its not about me. Its not about me at all.... Its a privaledge to be going on a trip like this, and so many people would love to have the chance to go.. so, Im not sure why yet, but all i know is God will use me on this trip, and i need to be obedient.... So, I am getting more and more excited to go as it gets closer! (except the flying part) I hate flying.... So we will continue to do our little weekend trips to the beach and san fransisco unitl after this trip... Maybe tahiti will happen next year:) Overall, i have learned to take a leap of faith, even on little stuff like planning Vacations:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! im glad you blogged :)
    I just have to say, it takes a very honorable person to admit that. So thank you for sharing :) I am so excited to see how you are used on this trip! God Bless you Davia!

    ReplyDelete