Monday, May 21, 2012

Jamaica Vacation!

So we just got back from a fabulous vacation in Jamaica!! It was pretty cool to go back to the Country we honeymooned in. We stayed at a different resort in a different city, but it was still cool to go back.I feel very fortunate to have been able to go and get to "VACATION". I always feel blessed after a trip like that. I know that not a lot of people get to take vacations so I don't take it for granted. While we were there we met a lady who braided my sisters hair. She told us she hoped one day she could take a vacation like we were doing. It honestly broke my heart. Here she was trying to make every dollar she could just to survive. $2 a braid. We were her first customers of the day and probably the only ones she would have. But she was grateful.
Im not going to write a bunch of sad things and about all the poverty we saw, but It just makes me think how fortunate I am. And what a blessing every little trip we take is. Traveling is something I love and something I want to continue to do til I die. I never want to take it for granted.

Ok. So moving on...

This trip was different and extra special because my brother and sisters went along with us and so did 3 friends. I was kinda nervous to see how it was all going to go, but it actually turned out WAY better than I imagined. I thought for sure we would kill each other after a day or two. Ha! But were all alive! Even though Ross and I had been there before it was SO cool experiencing new things with my close friends and family. Usually when we go somewhere and we see something amazing, I always wish my family was there experiencing it with me. I think thats why I always get home sick when we travel. Its kind of like this guilty feeling I get when we do something I know they can't or won't get to do. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I do. I just love that feeling you get when everyone is enjoying something you are and we all just GET IT.
Its kind of like Christmas. When you all are enjoying whatever is in the air that day and you all just GET IT. OPRAH calls them AH-HAH moments. Anyway, I probably just lost some readers with my rambling or my Oprah reference so I think Ill wrap it up!! Basically, I Loved vacationing with my sisters and brother and it was an experience I will cherish and never forget.
Heres a few of my favorite pics from the trip:






No comments:

Post a Comment